Welding for builders, apartment, industrial, highrise, building construction
We are offering CWB Certified Welder services in Ontario for construction builders of:
- apartment building,
- industrial building, and
- highrise building.
Having a CWB certified welder on construction site is very comfortable for the builders. Although, the welding service on construction site play a rather auxiliary role to a builder, they are necessary in construction of any building. The on construction site welding services are not as important as iron work, concrete, electrical or plumbing work, but without them other trades can not perform.
Most structural fabricators offer CWB certified welding services on construction sites for their clients. However, having an independent welder makes sense.
Benefits of having independent CWB certified mobile welder
Builders who have an independent from structural fabrication shop CWB cerfified welder benefit in following:
- quicker response time,
- no disagreements whose mistake it is,
- more efficient performance on site,
- better technological advancements for construction welding
- for the structural fabrication shop, the on-site welding service is a trouble fixer. Unfortunately, they must have it even if they have to subsidize it. Therefore, they are very slow with their response,
- welder does not want to correct mistakes made by the fabrication shop since they will be free of charge. This is an extra cost to a fabrication shop,
- certified welder who is employed by a structural steel fabrication shop is used to welding on shop floor. And therefore, his performance is much lower on construction site. Construction environment is a penalty for him,
- mobile welding equipment owned by structural fabrication shop is heavy, lacks flexibility and reach.
- unionized labour occasionally provide auxiliary welding services to builders in situations when in the interest of their unionized contractor is to provide them. This happens when welding task slows their performance or when one of their unemployed members has some welding experience. Consequently, their welder welds just for them and sometimes uses substandard welding techniques.
On the other side of the coin, the independent CWB certified welder could be more expensive by a few dollars due to higher costs. These costs that related to welding certification, consumables and welding equipment repairs are absorbed usually by a structural fabrication shop. That is why you will find a price difference between an independent CWB certified mobile welder and an CWB certified on-site welding service offered by your structural steel fabrication shop.
Situation on top floor of apartment building, industrial building and any highrise construction.
Some very specific situations, however, call for more advanced welding services on construction site. These specific situations relate to welding on top floors when the rental welding machine can not be lifted by crane and put there.
The last 3-4 floors are always challenging for builders. They are rushing, crane is preoccupied, auxiliary welding is needed on top floor that is congested. And stretching long welding cables from one end of a building to the other end is impossible. On top floor, welder must move in such a way that his work will not disturb work of labour crew pouring concrete or making preparation to pour concrete. Concrete takes priority here.
CWB welding quality in construction
CWB welding standards are paramount for construction industry in Ontario and in the whole Canada. They provide the benchmark standards for a strong weld that is necessary to sustain steel stress in construction of any apartment building, industrial building and any highrise building.
CWB certified welding on top floor
We come with our small, self propelled gasoline welding machine on wheels and we weld according to CWB welding standards all spots necessary on top 3 floors during the construction. And we do not disturb concrete work that is taking priority.
We pull our small welding machine through floor scaffolding without any problems, the same way how you pull a vacuum cleaner in your apartment. This machine produces up to 175A output which is more than enough for standard CWB welding even if we will need to drop 200 ft of cables to weld 5 floors below. The set of extra welding cables is thin (No. 1) therefore they are easy to carry on the floor under construction.
Our portable self-propelled welding machine can be carried by two men on the stairs and will fit through the any door opening. The gasoline refill takes place every 3 hours, but we usually refill this machine at every break.
Our supportive welding service in construction of apartment building, industrial building, and any highrise.
We offer a relatively quick response time to builders who are our steady clients since we need their orders. Our welding service does meets CWB welding standards and CWB certified welder provides this service. We do not affect your concrete pouring work and do not affect your crane time. Our welding machine is a small and portable in comparison to a rental welding machines that are too bulky to put on the top floor.
We can do at one lift 3 floors since we can travel with our portable, self-propelled welding machine on the same floor level and then we can carry the machine on the stairs. We can also drop welding cables to a lower floor and then weld there. Such convenient approach saves time and money for supportive welding during the construction of any building. You hire us every 2 or 3 floors and when you do not need us, we disappear.